7.15.2011

Friday - Deadlifts. Workout #3 Cycle #3

Winded.
Today went well. I wasn't sure how 415 would feel since I've mainly been lifting in the 300s for the first three cycles of this program. I knew going in that I wanted to get 9 reps seeing as 415x8 was something I had lifted before beginning this program. Anyway, my warm-ups were hard and stiff (that's what she said) as usual, but apparently that isn't such a bad thing since, on deadlifts,  I seem to keep pulling out a decent lift on the final working set. Mentally, though, this program is becoming difficult for me. Before I started this program I didn't have the (self-imposed) pressure of needing to knock out PR's every session. It's a little difficult to handle, but I guess learning to handle pressure can't be a bad thing.

Taking a step back and looking at the big picture, my week #3 deadlift progress, thus far, has been: 400x7 --> 405x10 --> 415x10. Not bad. 

Goals:

325x5
370x3
415x1

Lifted:

325x5
370x3
415x10


Video of final set below:

No comments:

Post a Comment