1.11.2012

Hi. I'm Back!

It's been about a month since I've posted. Here's what's up: I was getting worn out mentally on 5/3/1 as I was putting a lot of pressure on myself to best every previous workout. Anyway, I took a bit of a mental break by doing Smolov for squats. Here are the results:



















Smolov is a great program, I learned a good deal about what the body is capable of in terms of recovery. Squatting 4x a week also helped to improve my squat form. the 50lbs it added to my max was nice, too.

Now that I've taken this break, I'll be returning to 5/3/1 shortly. See you around.


7 comments:

  1. What did you do for your deadlift and bench press while on Smolov? Did you see any loss of strength in the two?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I also did Smolov Jr for over head press. No strength lost, all gains :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I also did Smolov Jr for over head press. No strength lost, all gains :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ah, good to see you back in action! I was worrying where you'd gone.

    but wtf happend to your squat? it's insane! I did a run of Smolov a few months back, survived the first 2 weeks but on the beginning on the third week the skin on my back gave up :(

    ReplyDelete
  5. All gains, wow. I've just finished a year on 5/3/1 so was looking to take a break and try Smolov base mesocycle but was worried my deadlift would suffer. Good to see even more proof that it won't.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What was your diet like over the year? did you gain much weight?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Ryan, I just eat lots of chicken, rice, greens, greek yogurt, granola and fruit. I don't know anything scientific about dieting though, so I could be doing it all wrong. Either way, I've put on 20lbs in the last 9 months.

    ReplyDelete