2.25.2012

Overhead Press. Week 3 Cycle 2.


I'm so handsome.
Today marks the end of another cycle! As for today's workout, it was a bit up and down. I felt strong, but my final set of overhead press was pretty sloppy. I attempted to make up for that set with a PR attempt at 200lbs (which is a huge PR made even better by the fact that it was done after a balls-out workset). Anyway, despite the somewhat sloppy OHP'ing (to be honest, all my sets have been sloppy) they are improving and I'm getting stronger. For reference, I couldn't budge 185lbs for OHP 3 months ago. I'll just keep doing what I'm doing for now.

For assistance work, I'm sticking with repeating the final working weight and executing it with (more) perfect form for a couple of reps per set. After that I lowered the weight to 135lbs and did 3 sets of 10 (whereas I had been doing 5 sets of 5). I just wanted to see if I could do it. I threw in some weighted chins  and shrugs to end the workout.

Goals for today:

145x5
165x3
185x1+

Lifted:

145x5
165x3
185x5
185x2x4
135x10x3

Progress on OHP for week 3 has thus far been:

Cycle1: 180x4
Cycle2: 185x5

Video of workout below:



2 comments:

  1. You're pretty strong for a young white pup but I think you mislabeled your Push Press video as an OHP workout. Just thought you'd like to know. Peace brah!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gabe Melon you're my hero!

    ReplyDelete