5.16.2011

Monday - Deadlift #3

I am finally feeling itch-free and have been sleeping much better (about 6hrs a night for the past two nights). Despite feeling strong, I didn't have the greatest lifts: My upper-back was not up for it, and I started to round my back a good bit on the last couple of reps. In the past I've done 415x8, and 405x9, so I was hoping for a couple more reps. Either way, I think the fact that I let the weight bounce leaves too much up to whether or not I've exploited the bounce well enough. In the future I need to switch to rest-pause reps. Even though doing so will make it more difficult to judge this cycle versus the next, it's better to do this sooner rather than later.

Edit: I just realized the poison ivy was in effect for two weeks. That's a long time to not sleep. Ok, that's my last excuse!

Goals:

315x5
355x3
400x1

Lifted:

315x3
355x3
400x7



Assistance work: pullups: 10, 10, 9, 8, 7.
Leg-lifts: I still do not have the core strength to do these properly: 5 sets of "9".

Video of last two sets here:


No comments:

Post a Comment