I've had a couple hiccups on the bench on this program a few times before (e.g. getting only 2 reps at 220lbs in week 3 cycle 1, and, on two separate occasions, not improving my rep count for a weight I had encountered before), but overall there has been good progress. Even week 1 of this cycle showed improvement. So I'll see how the bench goes next cycle and if it stalls again or drops, I'll recalculate some new training numbers!
Week 3 bench lifts for 5 cycles thus far have been:
- Cycle 1: 220x2
- Cycle 2: 225x5
- Cycle 3: 230x7
- Cycle 4: 235x7
- Cycle 5: 240x6
Goals for today:
70lb db's on flat bench for 5 sets of 15, 15, 15, 15, 14. One rep shy of all 75. Last week I did 75 reps with the 65lb db's so this is a pretty good jump.
100lb db's for one arm rows. 5 sets of 10 reps. I didn't increase the weight, but these have become easier; my grip is much better.
Video of final set below: