8.19.2011

Friday - Squats. Week 3 Cycle 4 | Hill Sprints #25

Hardest set of squats I've ever done. 

Today marks the end of Cycle 4, meaning I am 33% done with the year on 5/3/1. Time is flying by and I have to say that I'm more than happy with how the program has worked thus far. Today's squats called for 370lbs. In week 3 of the last cycle I did 365 for 6 so I wanted to get 6 reps again today. Getting in the squat rack and finishing that first rep, I knew that each successive rep would be a battle (also, I am pretty sure I got significantly lower for this set than for the set with 365). You can see that by the 4th and 5th rep my legs were shaking and I was 100% certain I would fail on my final rep. But seeing as I really wanted 6, I said f'it and went for it.  I couldn't believe I came back up with it and thankfully someone was nearby to help me re-rack it because I certainly didn't have the energy to. I would have had a better set had I been able to set the bar on my back correctly before the walkout, but I placed the pins too high and had to tipy-toe to get the bar out.  As a result, the bar slid down bit by it every rep. Anyway, enough rambling, here are the squat results of the program thus far:
---------------------------
Week 3 cycle 1: 345x4, Week 3 cycle 2: 355x5, Week 3 cycle 3: 365x6, Week 3 cycle 4: 370x6 (much deeper than cycle 3).
---------------------------
Goals for today:
295x5
335z3
370x1

Lifted:

295x5
335z3
370x6

Finished with 5 sets of abwheel, front squats, and back squats.

Video of final set below:

No comments:

Post a Comment